The Happy Banana Smoothie
Tip from Irene: From personal experience, do not freeze the banana whole as it can be quite time-consuming trying to chisel it from the skin. Remove skin and slice the banana into pieces before freezing.
Did you know? Bananas contain manganese and vitamin B which releases serotonin — the hormone which will give you the “happy, just feelin’ groovy” feeling. They can also help reduce blood pressure.
The coconut oil aids digestion and boosts your immunity.
- 1 medium-sized banana (frozen)
- 1/2 can of crushed pineapple (in juice, not syrup)
- 5–6 ice cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (preferably organic)
- Splash of shredded coconut
- In a large blender, beat or whip the ice first to crush it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well until the oil is mixed in.
- For variation, leave out the pineapple, add honey and a tablespoon of cocoa powder for a chocolate-y treat.